Defensive Pistol 2 is an advanced 9 hour firearms course focuses on tactical deployment of the pistol for personal protection and home defense.
August 24th 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
FIREARMS TRAINING TOPICS:
The following topics with be presented:
- Firearms Safety Rules.
- Review of the fundamentals learned in Defensive Pistol I.
- The C&G shooting methodology.
- Advanced trigger manipulations (speed shooting).
- Use of flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
- Shooting from cover and concealment.
- Introduction to room entry (clearing) techniques.
- Ammunition management and reloading techniques.
- Multiple threat engagements.
- Engaging threats during movement and pivots.
- Use of flashlight and weapon mounted lights.
- Exposure to engaging threats from and into vehicles.
- Developing the tactical mindset and honing situational awareness.
Upon completion of this segment of the course, the student will understand:
- How to identify and treat gunshot wounds.
- The progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage in tactical field care.
- How to use blood clotting agents.
- The correct application of a hemostatic dressing.
- When and how to properly use a tourniquet.
- When and how to apply a chest seal.
Please use the C&G Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) for this portion of the course.
Defensive Pistol I
500 pistol rounds and 10 dummy rounds.
Eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, belt or duty belt with holster and magazine carriers, semi-automatic pistol with at least 3 hi-capacity magazines or revolver with at least 3 speed loaders.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ANY FIREARM, HOLSTER, OR EQUIPMENT RECCOMENDATIONS.
Upon completion of the Defensive Pistol II course, the student will possess the fundamental skills necessary to participate in:
Defensive Carbine I, Sniper I, Low/No Light Defensive Pistol and Low Visibility Defensive Pistol (CCW)