Defensive Pistol 1 is a comprehensive 9 hour firearms course provides formal, structured training for the gun owner seeking to learn how to safely operate their handgun during the deployment of defensive pistol tactics.
(Saturday August 3rd 9:00am-6:00pm includes 30 min lunch at our North Buffalo range).
FIREARMS TRAINING TOPICS:
The following topics with be presented:
- Firearms Safety Rules.
- Weapon conditions (1-4).
- Weapon presentation from the holster (draw).
- The C&G shooting methodology.
- Basic marksmanship and target analysis.
- Combat/tactical reload.
- Malfunction clearance drills.
- One handed weapon manipulations.
- Incapacitation drills.
- Off-hand shooting drills.
- Developing the tactical mindset and honing situational awareness.
Upon completion of this segment of the course, the student will understand:
- How to identify and treat gunshot wounds.
- The progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage in tactical field care.
- How to use blood clotting agents.
- The correct application of a hemostatic dressing.
- When and how to properly use a tourniquet.
- When and how to apply a chest seal.
Please use the C&G Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) for this portion of the course.
Introduction to Pistol (or equivalent firearms safety class)
500 Pistol rounds
Eye and ear protection, baseball hat, nylon belt or duty belt with holster, at least two magazine carriers, a semi-automatic pistol with at least 3 hi-capacity magazines or a revolver with at least 3 speed loaders
* Upon advanced request, C&G Arms is pleased to provide course attendees with a semi-automatic pistol, magazines and holster rig for this training class.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ANY FIREARM, HOLSTER, OR EQUIPMENT RECOMMENDATIONS.
Upon completion of the Defensive Pistol 1 course, the student will possess the fundamental skills necessary to participate in Defensive Pistol II, Defensive Carbine I, Defensive Shotgun and Low Visibility Defensive Pistol (CCW).