AK Operator is a comprehensive 9 hour firearms course provides formal, structured training for the gun owner seeking to learn how to safely operate their Kalashnikov series rifle (AK variant) during the deployment of defensive rifle tactics. (Saturday June 20th 9:00am-5:00pm includes 30 min lunch at our North Buffalo range).
FIREARMS TRAINING TOPICS:
The following topics with be presented:
- Firearms Safety Rules.
- Origin and history of the Kalashnikov series rifles.
- Introduction to the AK-47/74.
- In-depth working knowledge (disassembly and reassembly) of the AK.
- Weapon conditions.
- Sling use and carry techniques.
- Shooting positions (various standing, kneeling and prone).
- Explanation of trajectory of the 7.62 and 5.45 rounds
- Zeroing iron sights and optics.
- The C&G shooting methodology.
- AK marksmanship fundamentals and target analysis.
- Combat and tactical reloading.
- Transitioning to secondary weapon systems.
- Weapon malfunction clearance drills.
- AK variant focused shooting drills.
- Developing the tactical mindset and honing situational awareness.
Introduction to Pistol (or equivalent firearms safety class)
500 Rifle rounds
It is recommended that the student bring a baseball hat and wear comfortable clothes. Low cut (V-neck) shirts and open toed shoes are prohibited. Eye and ear protection, nylon belt or duty belt with holster, at least two rifle magazine carriers, a semi-automatic pistol with at least 3 hi-capacity magazines or a revolver with at least 3 speed loaders
* Upon advanced request, C&G Training is pleased to provide course attendees with a semi-automatic carbine, magazines and holster rig for this training class.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ANY FIREARM, HOLSTER, OR EQUIPMENT RECOMMENDATIONS.
Upon completion of the AK Operator course, the student will possess the fundamental skills necessary to participate in:
Defensive Pistol I, Defensive Carbine II, Defensive Shotgun and Low Visibility Defensive Pistol (CCW).